On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 16:43:13 +0200
Stephan Bosch wrote:

> On 7/29/2011 8:53 AM, Nikita Koshikov wrote:
> > On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 20:43:45 +0200
> > Stephan Bosch wrote:
> >
> >> Would the header name need to be configurable, or is
> >> X-Sieve-Redirected-From good for all purposes? Regards, Stephan.
> > I saw this

> > So the name is not significant. If it's not so difficult to code - than
> > configurable header of course is better. But it's only a matter of taste.
>
> Adding more settings is best to be avoided. I've added the header:
>
> http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.0-pigeonhole/rev/81b37c0055c3
> http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.0-pigeonhole/rev/efad75f779de (d'oh)
>
> > One thing to note for implementing:
> > It will be much more simple for setting up srs, if sieve will export to
> > environment some variables indicating need for rewrite. And than we will be
> > able to write wrapper for sendmail_path that will selectively choose what
> > should we do:
> > For example, I don't want srs to happen if user is forwarding for local
> > domain mailbox, or if action that trigger mail sending is - "out of office
> > reply".
> > So, wrapper will analyze need srs or no, and after all invoke srs binary
> > for signing, or just call pure mta.
>
> I am not sure Sieve has access to enough information to make such an
> assessment. And I don't think adding SPF/SRS-specific code to Sieve is a
> good idea. It would also not be very straight-forward since the
> low-level mail sending code is part of Dovecot itself.
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephan.

I meant export to environment some variables, like dovecot does:
USER=
IP=
MAIL=
Adding more like:
SIEVE_ACTION=
SIEVE_RECIPIENT=
etc
And then execute sendmail_path. Thus program\wrapper can be aware of mail
originated from sieve. This is not specific spf\srs code. Seemed, that this
section of code need to be in dovecot-lda region, so maybe Timo will be able to
catch it.

Thanks for your work.