Le 17/08/2011 16:35, Eric Shubert a écrit :
On 08/17/2011 07:24 AM, Alexandre Chapellon wrote:

Le 17/08/2011 16:05, Laurent CARON a écrit :
On 17/08/2011 16:00, Alexandre Chapellon wrote:
Is there any way to achieve this with dovecot? Does anybody have another
idea smoothly force used to switch to TLS?

Hi,

Maybe by sending them an email with a deadline for the end of clear
text auth support ?

If they don't amend their setup they'll be unable to retrieve their
emails.
:)... already tried this in the past and it just don't work... 80% of
users never apply changes and prefer getting very angry and call the
support. Which is exactly what I want to avoid.

Should you want to go the "nicer" way, you could throttle bandwidth to
port 110/143 provided you use those for insecure connections.
This sounds better and I though tc could help going that way, but there
is nothing informative in going this way. I know what I ask for seems
crappy and probably is out of the scope of what dovecot is supposed to
do, but this would be temporary and I wanna make sure it is not possible
before digging somewhere else.

Thanks

I think I would write a script that would glean such accounts from the dovecot log, then send them a message every day instructing them how to turn on TLS in order to quit getting this message. A support line to call for help would be nice for those who have difficulty changing their configuration.

I didn't think about that.... It's quite basic but i like that.

Thanks

--
<http://www.horoa.net>