Chris Cappuccio wrote:
Dave McGuire [mcgu...@neurotica.com] wrote:
On 08/31/2011 02:59 PM, Chris Cappuccio wrote:
Using a fairly simple dovecot config (which obviously needs some max
limit tweaking) we have problems with IMAP synchronization between
thunderbird clients.

Two TB clients in the same IMAP mailbox will, from time to time, show
different views of the same INBOX folders, when TB caching is
enabled.  The only fix is to right-click on the folder, go to
"Properties" and use the "Repair Folder" option which repairs the
local TB .msf cache file.

Is there any server-side fix/workaround that would keep TB from
regularly going out-of-sync ? This happens with TB3 and newer
versions, in concert with either dovecot 1 or 2.
   I ran into exactly this problem as well, it is infuriating.  A
workaround was discussed here awhile back.  Sticking this in the
"protocol imap" block of dovecot.conf solved the problem completely:

imap_capability = IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID
ENABLE IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS
MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDP
LUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN
CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS

Interesting..How do I know that I really should be announcing all of these
capabilities given my current dovecot version and config?

With the config I posted, here's what I send out now

* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE
STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 AUTH=CRAM-MD5] Blahfart

This is before login, you need to verify after login. Dovecot changes the capabilities it advertises after login. Remove CONDSTORE and QRESYNC; the CONDSTORE is the one messing it up for you. QRESYNC also implies CONDSTORE so you need to disable this one as well.

N.