On Seg, 12 Set 2011, Dave Stubbs wrote:
Hello all,

I'm watching how my mail system works, and I see that procmail creates a new file in the <folder>/new directory, each time an email is received. This file is some complex combination of UIDs and things, suffixed by the server name. So far, the filename has alphanumerics, a couple underscores, and a dot or two only.

But once dovecot gets it's hands on the file and moves it to the <folder>/cur directory, it starts doing "terrible" things to the file name. Now, the filename starts to have "evil" things in it, like colons and commas.

The colon and commas are part of the Maildir spec[0], so no, it can't be changed.

[0]http://cr.yp.to/proto/maildir.html

--
If you want to read about love and marriage you've got to buy two separate
books.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
edua...@kalinowski.com.br