On 25.11.2011 17:59, wrote Ed W:
On 25/11/2011 12:49, Edgar Fuß wrote:

You don't have any Thunderbird clients accessing this box do you?  I
have some wierd issue where our TB with the option "don't mark message
read", still triggers messages to be marked read... Wierdly it only does
it on some messages and all those from specific senders - can't
correlate it with anything obvious in the message itself though...

I had the same issue a while ago with Thunderbird. On one installation it worked on another it didn't. After comparing their config I found the culprit. Changing

        mail.server.default.mime_parts_on_demand

to **false** fixed this issue for me.

This setting is discussed in...

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Entire_message_fetched_when_opening_a_IMAP_message

... but not mentioning the "don't mark message as read" issue.

Regards,
e-frog

 *
 * Englisch