El 01/12/11 18:26, Stephen Bowman escribió:
How does everyone handle this case?

Users are authenticated by LDAP, and do not have accounts on the IMAP/dovecot
server.  When a new user is added to LDAP, the home directory (/home/newuser)
needs to be created on the IMAP/dovecot server so dovecot can create the mail
directories inside it (/home/newuser/mail/).

Obviously I can come up with a few custom solutions, utilizing cron, but I feel
like there's a cleaner solution out there.

Are you authenticating directly by LDAP or are you using pam? If you were using pam, you could use pam_mkhomedir module.

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática