Op 12/12/2011 1:42 AM, Dieter Knopf schreef:
is there a way to refilter all mails in a folder without loosing all
flags and moving all messages in a different folder?

I have>10k mails in my Inbox and need to create new filterrules from
time to time. But there is no way to refilter my inbox without moving.

Atm i need to move all mails in a folder like "refilter" and then run
getmail/... to refilter the mails. It would be really nice to refilter
a existing
folder and just move mails with hits in the filter list.

Since last week, the new sieve-filter command line tool, which is intended for just such a task, is part of the normal compile output for Pigeonhole 0.3.x for Dovecot v2.1. Unfortunately, it is not released yet, so I guess you're stuck with your old getmail-based solution for now.

The tool is still experimental and I must say that I have not tested the preservation of flags for some time and many changes were performed since then. I will verify that later today. Also, the interaction with the new editheader extension needs attention.

Regards,

Stephan.