On 1/9/2012 12:09 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 9.1.2012, at 17.32, Noel wrote:
>
> Cool.
> Does this just check for valid user existence, or can it also check
> for over-quota (and respond 500 overquota I suppose)?
> Hmm. That looked potentially useful, but Postfix doesn't seem to support it
> at least that way, since the message to SMTP client is the same regardless of
> what I add after 500 reply. Also that would have required me to move the code
> somewhere else from auth process, since auth doesn't know the quota usage.
> And internally Dovecot would still have had to do auth lookup separately, so
> there's really no benefit in doing this vs. having Postfix do two lookups.

How about a separate TCP lookup for quota status?  This would be
really useful for sites that don't have that information in a shared
sql table (or no SQL in postfix), and get rid of kludgy policy
services used to check quota status.

This would be used with a check_recipient_access table, response
would be something like:
200 DUNNO quota OK
200 REJECT user over quota
500 user not found