Den 2012-02-05 17:53, rog7...@web.de skrev:

Surely the preferable alternative would be the use of ACLs to give
acccess to other users mailboxes. But we started this setup with
Dovecot 1.0 or 1.1. And with these versions, ACLs weren't available.
And now we have too much accounts and clients, which are configured
this way and can't change this for the short term.

secureity wise i would also do this, had bots trying whole day here to get week passwords found to atleast find one login that works, if acl is used there is only one password found and the other user do not need to change his password, but only the acl or ask the other user to change his password, its still possible that both users is same user, imho it have no point if its pam users or not