Steve Campbell <campb...@cnpapers.com> writes:

I'm seeing a couple of errors in my log file indicating corruption of
index files.

Error: Corrupted index cache
file/home/xxxxxx/mail/.imap/sent-mail/dovecot.index.cache: Broken virtual size
for mail UID 67: 1 Time(s)
Error: FETCH [] for mailbox ~/mail/sent-mail UID 67 got too little data: 6203
vs 7478: 1 Time(s)

This account is used by multiple users, but it is not a shared account
(haven't set any of those up yet - still new to me), so I would expect
corruption possibilities when multiple users modify the account folders
in some manner.

This is just one dovecot IMAP client process moaning after another user
client process pulled the rug out from under it by modifying the mailbox.
I get a few dozen log entries of this sort per week with ~200 IMAP users
without shared access.

Unless your users actually complain about a problem, I think it's safe
to ignore them.

Joseph Tam <jtam.h...@gmail.com>