Francisco Wagner C. Freire <wgrcu...@gmail.com> writes:

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Timo Sirainen <t...@iki.fi> wrote:

On 27.6.2012, at 14.10, Angel L. Mateo wrote:

      We have dovecot configured with auth cache. Is there any way to
remove a specific entry (not all) from this cache?

Nope. What do you need it for?

I dont known about Angel, but for me is useful because sometimes i need to
deactivate smtp/imap/pop access from accounts, or change their home after
storage migration, and removing a specific record i can use a long time
cache.

I'm not sure that the auth cache holds that information, but I think you
can at least invalidate a particular auth cache entry by

        1) Changing the user password (and save the previous hash)
        2) Authenticate using the new credentials (and invalidate
                the auth cache entry).  For example, you can just
                do a manual connection on your dovecot server

                        x login someuser newpassword

                This will replace the cache entry with a new one.

        3) When you are ready to put the account back online, change the
                password back to the original.  A password mismatch forces
                a resync to your authentication system which will restore
                the auth cache.

Joseph Tam <jtam.h...@gmail.com>