Il 12/09/2012 00:28, Timo Sirainen ha scritto:
On 12.9.2012, at 1.21, Gábor Lénárt wrote:

Sorry to jump into this topic, but can I ask why? Is dict quota is superior
over Maildir++ quota in performance in general or it is "only" about the
fact, that it's better in the case like above: activating the quota for many
users later than the creation of the server itself?
Activating quota is equally slow, because it needs to scan sizes of all files.
If the size is stored in maildir filename (,S=123) this is pretty fast,
otherwise it's pretty slow because Dovecot stat()s the files, but afterwards it
stores them to dovecot-uidlist file. So the main difference is that Maildir++
requires rescanning the quota periodically, while dict quota never rescans
unless you run doveadm quota rescan.

But dict quota, for enforce limits, can only be used with dovect as LDA? I'm using Maildir++ with qmail/vpopmail for local delivery and dovecot cannot enforce limits on delivery. With this configuration the only way to update dictionary is "doveadm -A quota rescan".

Is correct?

--
Alessio Cecchi is:
@ ILS -> http://www.linux.it/~alessice/