On 10/3/2012 9:58 PM, Daniel Parthey wrote:
Marc Perkel wrote:
I'd like to eliminate the subscription file and have it just list
the folders that are there. How do I do that?
Dovecot allows to automatically subscribe folders when mails are delivered:
lda_mailbox_autosubscribe = yes

RFC 3501 tells that the server side MUST NOT unilaterally remove an
existing mailbox name from the subscription list even if a mailbox
by that name no longer exists, see SUBSCRIBE in section 6.3.6:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3501#section-6.3.6

Regards
Daniel

In my case I don't care what the standard is. I want to get rid of the subscription concept completely.