Am 08.11.2012 00:24, schrieb Massimiliano Cianelli:
> Hi,
>
> Yes w/o prefix work as expected, try to add a prefix like courier does (eg.
> Inbox.) It will not work as expected.

I see you point, but as i have seen other mail clients have problems
with prefix namespace in the past, i am using the most unproblematic
setup, there will never be an universal best config for all imap
software existing, dont try to find it

> Due I'm upgrading an old installed server, I've to keep everything as much
> transparent I can... it includes IMAP folder and subscription.

look at dovecot migration sites for examples, but it may stay a problem
ever ,that some imap clients with broken stuff do not behave proper
after migration
again this should be fixed on the client side

> Looking at that I've encountered that issue, and analyzed for fix it (thank
> you open source), not everyone will want to use/use k9.. but you can be 100%
> sure the stock client is there.

thats right, but if its failing with some servers, it has to be fixed at
the "source of evil" first *g, anyway i dont see the point dovecot
related, but your info is usefull anyway

> Due that Google act like BlackBerry, Microsoft,etc.. (hovewer they will not
> fix it soon, or really respect the rfc), it's much simple add Namespace on
> prelogin banner then wait or have to tell someone to install another client
> for that mailbox.
>
> I didn't know the history, but looking at change log seems that idle as been
> put back to prelogin client for some kind of compatibility with their service.
>
> Anyway, the most important reason that got me to subscribe the mailing list
> for write those emails, is share with the community that problem and provide
> a solution.. for someone in the future that have the same problem and will
> search on internet for a solution (like I've does.. before analyze it on my
> own).
>
> If the workaround will be added to the wiki or will be put in the source..
> the important thing is that there is a solution simple and fast (two.. the
> source modify, and the configuration file) and someone can find it..
>
> (Sarcastic) And if the mayans were right we can't wait for google to fix it :p

Dovecot has mass of config parameter, try find out what set best to
workaround your problem, then post it to the wiki, it will be welcomed