Timo Sirainen <t...@iki.fi> writes:

> Any guess at what would cause this?
> > Feb 7 21:20:53 server dovecot: imap(user): Panic: file
>    mailbox-list-fs-iter.c: line 447 (fs_list_get_roots): assertion
>    failed: (full_fs_access)

LIST command that had invalid parameters that somehow got through the
first validity check. What namespace config do you have?

I got more info from the user that had this problem.  He reported that he
was was setting up a new Email client (Nexus4 Android) and he sent me a
screenshot of his setup.  Everything look ordinary except perhaps the
IMAP prefix set to "mail".  My setup documents inform users to leave it blank,
but sometimes they use "mail/", a holdover from the uw-imapd days.  I provide
some aliases for that, but I don't know what would happen if you leave off
the trailing "/".

My namespace settings as reported by dovecot -n:

        namespace {
          inbox = yes
          location =
          prefix =
          separator = /
        }

        (The following are aliases to keep backward compatibility)
        namespace {
          alias_for =
          hidden = yes
          list = no
          location =
          prefix = /
          separator = /
        }
        namespace {
          alias_for =
          hidden = yes
          list = no
          location =
          prefix = mail/
          separator = /
        }
        namespace {
          alias_for =
          hidden = yes
          list = no
          location =
          prefix = ~/mail/
          separator = /
        }
        namespace {
          alias_for =
          hidden = yes
          list = no
          location =
          prefix = ~%u/mail/
          separator = /
        }

I've asked the user to change his prefix, and he'll probably report back.

Joseph Tam <jtam.h...@gmail.com>