Am 2013-03-05 23:27, schrieb Noel Butler:
On Tue, 2013-03-05 at 08:28 -0800, Professa Dementia wrote:
On 3/5/2013 7:34 AM, Simon Brereton wrote:

What's the recommended approach then?  Pack it all into dovecot.conf
as it was before, or use the split config files under conf.d/ - is
this even a choice?

Split configs are nicer and easier to work with and I am all for nicer
and easier.

WTF?  Everything in one file is much nicer and easier, and you don't
have to guess what option is in what file

Using dovecot from .deb package in ubuntu, I am missing a way, to undo configs done in the conf.d in my local.conf file. Provided that, conf.d contains some reasonable defaults for everybody, and that the changes to accomodate local needs are few.

--
Peter