Am 7/3/2013 10:32 AM, schrieb pvsuja:
I have set up a mail server with dovecot as IMAP/POP3 server, postfix as MTA
and roundcube as web mail client.
Other mail clients such as Thunderbird is also being used for mail access.

Now as a security policy in our organization, I want to know the IP
addresses of the machines from which my mail server was accessed.

Is there any monitoring tools to get these details?

A cron job doing

  grep "imap-login: Login:" /var/log/maillog

might do the job already. The 'rip=' part of the matches tells you the remote IP. Instead of /var/log/maillog you might have to check another file (it depends on your Dovecot setup).

--
Frerich Raabe - ra...@froglogic.com
www.froglogic.com - Multi-Platform GUI Testing