On 2013-07-10 05:16, Daniel Parthey wrote:
Just do a complete login/logout sequence.

If you aren't doing a complete login/logout sequence and possibly even pulling down a message you aren't performing an accurate health check to begin with. We don't use nagios but I'd be surprised if those scripts don't optionally take a username and password.

This is fine for the nagios checks, but we are facing similar
problems with our loadbalancer, which is just doing TCP Healthchecks
on the IMAP/POP3/SIEVE ports, so being able to disable the warning
for trusted networks would be really helpful.

Same here. We use LVS with surealived and LUA scripting to do a complete login/logout cycle as part of the health check. Even the ancient Alteon's had similar functionality (and supported common protocols like pop and imap out of the box.)

--
Kelsey Cummings - k...@corp.sonic.net      sonic.net, inc.
System Architect                          2260 Apollo Way