Hi There,

We are using dovecot v2.2.4 (compiled from source) and postfix (yum install) on
Centos 6.4. We are storing our virtual user config in mysql.

Server 1 has dovecot/postfix and accepts incoming mail from our mail filter
servers - this is purely for IMAP/POP services. Server 2 has postfix for our
clients to send email via TLS/saslauthd. Both use the same (separate) mysql
server for config. One issue is that we have a requirement to merge user /
passwords for sending clients from two sources: 1) the dovecot mailbox list
2). another list. The dovecot user list is email + password. The other list is
username + password. To that end we have created a view table in mysql that
merges the two.. tables + view look a little like this:

table: mail_users (for dovecot)

email,password
t...@test1.com,CRAM-MD5_PASSWORD
te...@test1.com,CRAM-MD5_PASSWORD
b...@bla.com,CRAM-MD5_PASSWORD

table: mail_senders_other

username,password
username1,CRAM-MD5_PASSWORD
something_else,CRAM-MD5_PASSWORD

username,password
t...@test1.com,CRAM-MD5_PASSWORD
te...@test1.com,CRAM-MD5_PASSWORD
b...@bla.com,CRAM-MD5_PASSWORD
username1,CRAM-MD5_PASSWORD
something_else,CRAM-MD5_PASSWORD

I have dovecot working fine, but just need a little push in the correct
direction (please) to figure out the correct settings and password encryption
scheme to make the above work.

Many thanks!

Simon