On 11/08/2013 07:43 AM, Charles Marcus wrote:
On 2013-11-08 10:22 AM, Timo Sirainen <t...@iki.fi> wrote:
Ah, I had actually been mostly just thinking about inbound SMTP features.

Hmmm.... well, I'd hate to see this turn into a huge time-sink for you. The fact is, postfix's maturity combined with its new postscreen capabilities will make it a very, very hard sell to postfix shops - especially the larger ones that rely heavily on postfix's ability to filter out the crap with as few resources as possible - and postscreen just increased that already powerful capability by at least one or two orders of magnitude.

Likewise, exim users aren't likely to be sold. Most of things originally listed are either standard or easily accomplished in exim.

I would probably be pretty skeptical and uninterested in a Dovecot MTA. No offense. I think you should look at other existing MTAs besides postfix before concluding there is a hole that needs filling.

(You know the old Internet saying ... all programs evolve until they can send email. I guess you are getting there. :-)