Am 08.11.2013 01:25, schrieb Achim Gottinger:
Hi,

I run dovecot (2.1.7) on debian wheezy in conjuniction with postfix, samba4 (as ldap backend) and sogo. I configured folder sharing but have an few issues. With my current config users can share the inbox and other folders. If the acl allows creatings subfolders this does work for all folders beside inbox.

What i want to archiev is the following:

If an user shares his inbox, others should be able to create subfolders and those should inherit the inboxe's acl. All subfolders of inbox should appear as folders at root level and not as subfolders of the inbox.

I thought this can be done by setting the prefix of namespace inbox to INBOX/. I did this and changed the IMAP Server Folder setting in thunderbird to INBOX (like it was earlier when i used courier). Now subfolders created at rootlevel or as subfolders of the inbox appear on rootlevel in thunderbird but they do not inherit the acl's from inbox. Is there an way to achive this?

doveconf -n

mail_location = maildir:/home/vmail/%u/mail
namespace {
  list = children
location = maildir:/home/vmail/%%u/mail:INDEX=/home/vmail/%u/mail/shared/%%u
  prefix = shared/%%u/
  separator = /
  subscriptions = no
  type = shared
}
namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
  location = maildir:/home/vmail/%u/mail
  prefix =
  separator = /
  type = private
}

userdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap-userdb.conf.ext
  driver = ldap
}
userdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap-userdb-groups.conf.ext
  driver = ldap
}
I changed the location of the inbox like this
mail_location = maildir:/home/vmail/%u/mail:INBOX= /home/vmail/%u/mail/.Inbox
namespace {
  list = children
location = maildir:/home/vmail/%%u/mail:INDEX=/home/vmail/%u/mail/shared/%%u:INBOX= /home/vmail/%%u/mail/.Inbox
  prefix = shared/%%u/
  separator = /
  subscriptions = no
  type = shared
}
namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
  location = maildir:/home/vmail/%u/mail:INBOX= /home/vmail/%u/mail/.Inbox
  prefix =
  separator = /
  type = private
}
Also exteded my ldap queries to return the correct mail variable (=mail=/home/vmail/%u/mail:INBOX=/home/vmail/%u/mail/.Inbox).

Now an dovecot-acl inside /home/vmail/%u/mail gets used for newly created subfolders, which is very helpful. However if i share an users inbox now the hierarchie looks like this for an user with access.

shared/user
shared/user/Inbox
shared/user/INBOX

All three folders point to user's inbox. If i set mail_shared_explicit_inbox=yes "shared/user" is greyed out but the other two folders remain. Can someone here tell me what i did wrong to have three verisons of the inbox now?

Thanks in advance
achim~