On 27-11-2013 18:14, Andreas Kasenides wrote:
On 27-11-2013 18:59, Steffen Kaiser wrote:

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013, Andreas Kasenides wrote:

Sorry if this has been answered before, I just could not find any
info. Just point me if that is so.

Can somebody please explain why there is no option --with-quota (ot
may be --with-fs-quota)
for the configure command?

As it stands now, at least for the fs back-end the only thing that
tells us that
Dovecot does not do quotas is after the build/configuration we get

dovecot: imap(xxdxx): Error: quotactl(Q_GETQUOTA,
csfsxxx.cs.ucy.ac.cy:/mail) failed: No such file or directory

which essentially means that during the build no quota development
libraries were found
and therefore fs quota will not function. This is rather confusing
and the above error does not help much.
Note also that "dovecot --build-options" is also silent on this.
I suppose other back-ends do not have this requirement since there is
no need for such devel libraries.

in which development library your system needs? I thought that error
message means, that the file "csfsxxx.cs.ucy.ac.cy:/mail" does not exist
(or that there is no quota there).

- -- Steffen Kaiser

Exactly here is the confusion.
I have verified that this error is not related to the actual mount but
the way Dovecot has been built. Actually the existence of the
development libraries. In my case on a CentOS system it needs to find
the quota-devel libraries which it finds and silently builds quota
support for the fs back-end. Note that nothing afterwards tells you that
that has happened!! I think!!!

Andreas

yesterday i did a built of 2.2.9, and quota seems to work...

what is the output of doveconf -n ?