Hi Bob,

On 02/14/2014 07:36 PM, Bob Miller wrote:
I documented my sandbox qmail-ldap/dovecot system here, maybe it is
useful to you:

http://cocnm.computerisms.ca/index.php/Install_Qmail-ldap,_Dovecot,_and_Related_Email_Services

thx for your help and support, but changing stuff in qmail is not what I really want. in my case the system is not the real Mailserver its just an archieve sitting in between an smtp proxy and the real server, capturing just the mails I want, but deliver *everything* to the real server.

so not much to do on the qmail side. and thats the reason everything user related is done in dovecot itself.
we do passwd lookups and user lookups only within dovecot. Filter looks like

user_filter = (&(|(objectClass=msExchExchangeServerRecipient)(|(objectClass=group)))(|(proxyAddresses=smtp:%Ln@%Ld)(|(mail=%Ln@%Ld))))

...but if nobody knows if its possible inside the dovecot lookup process, a new/seperate lookup process that calls dovecot-lda with the username instead of the mailaddress might be the only opportunity.

Greetz
Matze