Am 10.09.2014 um 06:22 schrieb Trent Lloyd <tre...@webinabox.net.au>:

> I had a much more exciting experience with Outlook for Mac (which is much
> worse…)
>
> Changed from Dovecot 0.9 to 2.2 but changed the folder separator from . to \,
> so that I could have shared folders with dots in the username.
> When you do this, it starts creating a new mailbox every time it connects
> every minute, called like Trash 1, Trash 1 1, Trash 1 1 1, Trash 1 1 1.. I
> got up to about 40+ appended folder names. It also does this with INBOX,
> Sent, etc.
>
> It won’t ever stop doing this, and even if you change the folder separator
> back it still keeps doing it.  Only way to fix is to change the server name
> which causes it to purge the entire local cache and start over (basically a
> quick delete/re-add).
>

> My other favourite issue with Outlook for Mac was it eating messages, they’d
> come in, and disappear.  Spam filtering was off, no rules setup, they just
> disappeared, and got deleted from the server.  Eish.
I am observing something similar; If I use my router (fritz.box) to send
incoming fax by mail
to a given account on my server, the mail appears and instantly vanishes.
I then used a different mail account (completely different server/domain etc.)
and the mail stays;
and then again, forwarding it a mail address of the domain where this weird
behavior was seen,
the mail also arrives and disappears.
This issue roughly dates back to the beginning of this year; had no time to
investigate yet...