On 12 Nov 2014, at 05:32, Alessio Cecchi <ales...@skye.it> wrote:

> after upgrade to Dovecot >= 2.2.14rc1 sometimes I found this error/crash in
> the log (never happened with 2.2.13),
>
> I'm the only one? Can be fix?
>
> Nov 11 17:44:26 imap(i...@myemail.com): Error: Corrupted transaction log file
> /home/domains/myemail.com/info/Maildir/dovecot.index.log seq 190: Invalid
> transaction log size (32756 vs 32772):
> /home/domains/myemail.com/info/Maildir/dovecot.index.log (sync_offset=32756)
> Nov 11 17:44:26 imap(i...@myemail.com): Error: Log synchronization error at
> seq=0,offset=0 for /home/domains/myemail.com/info/Maildir/dovecot.index:
> Append with UID 10777, but next_uid = 10778
> Nov 11 17:44:26 imap(i...@myemail.com): Error:
> /home/domains/myemail.com/info/Maildir/dovecot.index view syncing failed to
> apply changes
> Nov 11 17:44:26 imap(i...@myemail.com): Panic: file index-sync.c: line 265
> (index_mailbox_sync_next_expunge): assertion failed: (range->seq2 <=
> ctx->messages_count)

I can't really think of what would have started causing these. There aren't
that big changes done to index handling code. I've also been running a ton of
stress testing for Dovecot without these errors, so it's not a common problem
at least. Although..:

> mail_nfs_index = yes
> mail_nfs_storage = yes

What kind of a setup is this? Are there multiple Dovecot backend servers and
are you using director? These two settings never worked 100% and they're not
supported anymore. In a single dovecot server / or multi-dovecot+director setup
these can be "no".