Karol Babioch <ka...@babioch.de> writes:

You can share libraries, binaries,
log files, but use separate configuration files, specifying different
ports/addresses/ssl-configs/auth/access parameters.  Then you can fire
them both up

    dovecot -c /dovecot/etc/dovecot-1.conf
    dovecot -c /dovecot/etc/dovecot-2.conf

I will have to look into it. I'm afraid that I would have to fiddle
around with the default unit files.

What are "unit files"?

Also I'm not completely sure how this would work with all of the
configuration files that have been split off into small chunks and get
included at some point.  This is probably going to be messy rather
quickly :'(.

I don't see why it would be messy.  If the conf.d/* are the same, you can
use the same config directory.  If they differ, you can can copy those
files to another config directory (e.g. conf-d/* -> conf-2.d/), modify the
snippets that differ, then include this alternate set of configurations

        !include conf-2.d/*

Thanks for your suggestion.

You're welcome.

Joseph Tam <jtam.h...@gmail.com>