Pali Roh?r <pali.ro...@gmail.com> writes:

Still I want read/write access to storage and want to use mbox as
storage (also for easier backup and copy)...

Backup performance may be another big win for Maildir, especially
for incremental backups.  Be that as it may ...

And my question was how to properly read and write from/to mbox files
which are used by dovecot.

Dovecot mailbox indices are self-healing: indices should be rengenerated
automatically when the mailbox is out of sync with regards to the
indices.  There may be a few complaints in the mail logs about it
(e.g. UIDVALIDITY changes), but they are mostly harmless.

Joseph Tam <jtam.h...@gmail.com>