Hi Robert,

the autoexpunge feature only removes mails wich have the \Delete Flag so no deletion of mails wich doesn't have this Flag(see https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4315#section-2.1 or http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/Expunge)

you could run a cron job with a doveadm move comando to move the mail to an othe mailbox (see http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/Move)

greetings
dominik