On 2016-05-18 11:52, Aki Tuomi wrote:
On 18.05.2016 12:44, Tom Sommer wrote:
I'm trying to lock down a maildir from modifications using
dovecot-uidlist.lock, but when a user with mailbox.auto = create logs
in, then the folder is created regardless of dovecot-uidlist.lock
existing or not.

Is there no way to prevent dovecot from touching anything in a maildir
folder?

Could you provide more information, like:

what you are trying to achieve
what did you do
what you configuration looks like
what version you are using

I'm trying to move all files and folder from /foo.com/bar/ to /foo.com/bar/Maildir without moving .dovecot.svbin and .dovecot.sieve etc. (homedir files)

So I wanted to lock the folder, kick the user and the move the files/folders, but the user logs in just after I kick him and so the auto-folders are created and my migration script fails, locking the folder with dovecot-uidlist.lock and maildirlock does not work in this case.