Hi Michael

you are correct I guess based on your assumptions.

autoexpunge kicks in on user interaction either by email delivery or a user
checking in. If both does not occour then no cleanup will happen.

Question would be if there is that much to cleanup in this case. A user not
logging in for long time and not receiving any emails… seems inactive to me.
Ok, he might have put all his mails to the trash and this was not emptied
before he went for his sabatical. But the use case seems to be in the n<10
range!? A monthly cronjob could be sufficent in this case?

I’m quite happy with the expire plugin and SQL timestamping. Using this the
cronjob only checks through the listed folders and not all users. Slim
approach! And for me a cleanup once per day is at least currently more than
enough.

Philon