Am 04.05.2017 um 11:17 schrieb Aki Tuomi:

On 04.05.2017 10:27, Andreas Oster wrote:

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Andreas Oster
NOVA Elektroanlagen GmbH
Carl-Zeiss-Str. 3

D-76275 Ettlingen

Tel.: +49 (7243) 5490 22
FAX: +49 (7243) 5490 54
aos...@novanetwork.de
http://www.novanetwork.de

Geschäftsführer: Jörg Amann, Claudia Blasi
Registergericht: Mannheim, HRB 361711     Adresse Andreas Oster

Am 03.05.2017 um 17:51 schrieb Andreas Oster:
Hi all,

I am currently facing an issue with Dovevot version 2.2.29.1 where
subfolders in a public namespace are only
visible to the 2nd folder level:

namespace Public -> folder "1st" -> folder -> "2nd" -> folder "3rd" ....

When one user creates a subfolder below the 2nd level other users do
not see that folder and are unable to
subscribe to this folder. Folders created under the 1st level however
are visible and subscribable by other
users.

namespace {
    disabled = no
    hidden = no
    ignore_on_failure = no
    inbox = no
    list = children
    type = public
    separator = /
    prefix = Public/
    location = maildir:/var/vmail/public:INDEXPVT=~/Maildir/public
    subscriptions = no
}

I do not know at which point ( dovecot update ) this issue appeared.

Does anyone face the same problem ?

Thank you for your kind help

best regards
Andreas

Hi all,

I have just recognized that there seems to be something wrong with the
per user seen flag indexes. In the dovecot log file I get a lot of
those errors:

Error: /var/vmail/domain/someuser/Maildir/public/.test.2nd
/dovecot.index.pvt reset, view is now inconsistent
Error:
/var/vmail/domain/someuser/Maildir/public/.test.2nd/dovecot.index.pvt
view is inconsistent

Error: /var/vmail/domain/someuser/Maildir/public/.test.2nd.3rd
/dovecot.index.pvt reset, view is now inconsistent
Error:
/var/vmail/domain/someuser/Maildir/public/.test.2nd.3rd/dovecot.index.pvt
view is inconsistent

Could this be the cause of the issue ? How can this be fixed ?

Thank you for your kind help

best regards
Andreas
Hi!

The second level issue is because thunderbird has a bug. You can see the
third level and so on in subscribe view by closing and opening the 2nd
level.

Aki
Hello Aki,

thank you for the tip. I have tried with another mail client and could see and subscribe to the subfolders in the public namespace without any problem. Hope that Thunderbird gets
fixed soon.

However, I still see a lot of those index errors in the log file. Any idea how to fix that ?

Thank you for your kind help.

best regards
Andreas