Hi,

code question...

I've been trying to figure out the implications of the new "noauthenticate" passdb field.

Internally it causes a passdb to result in PASSDB_RESULT_NEXT.

When a SASL mechanism calls auth_request_lookup_credentials(...,callback) the passdb result is passed to the callback.

But I can't really figure out when that result will ever be PASSDB_RESULT_NEXT. It seems the passdb fallthrough resolver will always replace it with PASSDB_RESULT_INTERNAL_FAILURE if it ends up being the last result.

Can it ever leak into the callback or is it an internal intermediate value or the passdb resolver?

/Peter