On Thu, 20 Jul 2017, Michele Petrella wrote:

To be more accurate, all users in ldap db need to use mail, but some users in /etc/passwd file use mail too.

Does users exist in both passwd and ldap?

For this reason I set up "driver=passwd" in userdb section and in /etc/nsswitch.conf I set up "passwd: files ldap".

If you did this for Dovecot, revert it.

Now I want to use dovecot per user quota to limit ldap users mailbox size. I need quota only for ldap users, no need for users in /etc/passwd file.

Which is the correct configuration to do this?

use two databases for both passdb and userdb. One using pam / passwd, the other one the standard LDAP config.

see: https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Authentication/MultipleDatabases

Use LDAP instead of SQL userdb and passdb.

I guess, you will find posts in the sense "virtual and system users".

If there is no user in both databases, the order does not matter (except for speed); otherwise:

each database is tried in order of definition until a successful hit was found.

You can order the passdb's and userdb's differently, e.g. if passwd-passdb is first and the user's password match, and the ldap-userdb is first and you get a hit there, the user authentificates against passwd, but its data is retrieved from LDAP. See comment in page: "look up users from SQL first (even if authentication was done using PAM!)"

I understand that I need to use extra fields to obtain user quota from users db. But you said "the userdb section cannot merge two databases together". So

You cannot merge, but use one-after-another.

I can not use dovecot per user quota with "driver=passwd" in userdb section? I could use only global quota?

P.S.
1) I use dovecot-lda as delivery agent.

2) I send again my dovecot configuration:

# 2.2.29.1 (e0b76e3): /var/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.4.18 (29cc74d)
# OS: Linux 3.10.55-gentoo i686 SuSE Linux 7.1 (i386)
debug_log_path = /var/log/dovecot/dovecot_debug.log
disable_plaintext_auth = no
info_log_path = /var/log/state.mail/dovecot.pipe
log_path = /var/log/dovecot/dovecot.log
mail_debug = yes
mail_gid = users
mail_location = maildir:~/.maildir
mail_plugins = acl quota
mail_shared_explicit_inbox = yes
mail_uid = vmail
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date index ihave duplicate mime foreverypart extracttext
namespace {
 list = yes
 location = maildir:/data/home/vmail/public
 prefix = Public/
 separator = /
 subscriptions = no
 type = public
}
namespace {
 list = children
 location = maildir:/data/home/%%n/.maildir:INDEX=~/.maildir/shared/%%u
 prefix = Shared/%%u/
 separator = /
 subscriptions = no
 type = shared
}
namespace inbox {
 inbox = yes
 list = yes
 location =
 mailbox Cestino {
   special_use = \Trash
 }
 mailbox Drafts {
   special_use = \Drafts
 }
 mailbox Junk {
   special_use = \Junk
 }
 mailbox "Posta inviata" {
   special_use = \Sent
 }
 mailbox Sent {
   special_use = \Sent
 }
 mailbox "Sent Messages" {
   special_use = \Sent
 }
 mailbox Trash {
   special_use = \Trash
 }
 prefix =
 separator = /
 subscriptions = yes
 type = private
}
passdb {
 args = /etc/dovecot/passwd.masterusers
 driver = passwd-file
 master = yes
}
passdb {
 driver = pam
}
plugin {
 acl = vfile:/etc/dovecot/acl:cache_secs=300
 acl_shared_dict = file:/var/lib/dovecot-dict/shared-mailboxes
 quota = maildir:User quota
 quota_rule = *:storage=5M
 quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+100M
 quota_rule3 = SPAM:ignore
 sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
 sieve_before = /var/etc/dovecot/sieve/general/
 sieve_dir = ~/sieve
 sieve_execute_bin_dir = /usr/local/bin/dovecot/sieve-execute
 sieve_filter_bin_dir = /usr/local/bin/dovecot/sieve-filter
 sieve_global_dir = /var/etc/dovecot/sieve/global/
sieve_global_extensions = +vnd.dovecot.execute +vnd.dovecot.filter +vnd.dovecot.pipe +editheader
 sieve_pipe_bin_dir = /usr/local/bin/dovecot/sieve-pipe
 sieve_plugins = sieve_extprograms
}
protocols = imap pop3 lmtp sieve
service auth {
 unix_listener auth-userdb {
   group = users
 }
}
service imap-postlogin {
 executable = script-login /usr/local/bin/imap-postlogin.sh
 user = $default_internal_user
}
service imap {
 executable = imap imap-postlogin
}
ssl = no
ssl_cert = </conf/etc/cert/certs/services/imap_pop/majornet.crt
ssl_key =  # hidden, use -P to show it
userdb {
 driver = passwd
}
protocol lda {
 info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot/dovecot-lda.log
 log_path = /var/log/dovecot/dovecot-lda.log
 mail_plugins = acl quota sieve
}
protocol imap {
 mail_max_userip_connections = 20
 mail_plugins = acl quota imap_acl imap_quota
}

userdb {
 default_fields = quota_rule=*:bytes=%$
 driver = passwd
}

I have problems in return extra fields from passwd userdb. My users are partially in passwd files and partially in LDAP. Users who use mail are in LDAP db.

If I use "default_fields = quota_rule=*:bytes=100M" in userdb,

if I use "default_fields = quota_rule=*:bytes=%{userdb:quotabytes}" in userdb,

1) default_fields supplies default values, if the userdb does not return them. Hence, you cannot reference a LDAP result.

2) the userdb section cannot merge two databases together. You said "Users who use mail are in LDAP db", so you would one userdb with driver ldap.

- --
Steffen Kaiser

H Bonn-Rhein-Sieg         | e-mail: steffen.kai...@h-brs.de
FB Informatik             | room  : C179
Grantham-Allee 20         | phone : +49 2241/865-203
53757 Sankt Augustin      |
Germany - Deutschland     | fax   : +49 2241/865-8203