On 11/3/2017 4:57 PM, Sami Ketola wrote:
While it might be possible to disable all the other services except master I
must ask why? How would the users be accessing their mails then?

Sami
Hello Sami,

you did not read my first post. We are talking about a multihost installation
where one host does SMTP and LDA, and the other does POP and IMAP (with
dovecot). Now we want to use dovecot-lda for the local delivery _on the SMTP
host_. So there is no need for open POP or IMAP ports and the corresponding
running services.
Again that does not answer my question why? Why do you want all the locking
problems
and multi-access problems that come with setup like that? What is the actual
problem that
you are trying to solve?

Sami

I think you have to run dovecot on the server receiving mails, just don't open imap/pop3 ports so users can't get there.  Then publish the other server as your imap/pop3 server.  Both servers probably should have the same setup for postfix and dovecot, but just kill the ports on the one that doesn't need it.  To run lda you're going to have to run dovecot on your mail relay.