On 29 Jun 2018, at 01:42, Luca Bertoncello <lucab...@lucabert.de> wrote:
> Now the question: if I have 5-6 people accessing the account via IMAP, has
> Dovecot (2.2.13 from Debian repositories) problems?

I routinely access my accounts from 5 devices, which dovecot doesn't know are
all "me".

This is rather the point of IMAP.

However, if multiple users are trying to move messages at the same time, that
may cause trouble, so shared mailboxes are the best way forward on that.

If this is more than two or three people, or if they are in different locations
and will likely be deleting or moving mail at the same time what I would do is
share the mailboxes from i...@example.com to us...@example.com,
us...@example.com, us...@example.com, etc.

For reading and replying there is no issue though.

What I would suggest is that the users have folders on the info account, and
when they are processing/dealing with an email, they move it into info/user1.

That said, the right way to do this is to put the email into a CRM database and
use a ticket system (or similar) to assign emails to a specific person and not
use IMAP at all. Unless you are dealing with a really small pool of people all
in one location  who can be managed to not muck things up, and even then there
might be problems, and they may well be catastrophic.

Something along the lines of Zendesk, Freshdesk, etc (though I make no
recommendations). I don't know of any free/open-source CRM packages, but I bet
others here do.

--
Penny, I'm a physicist. I have a working knowledge of the entire
universe and everything it contains.