Op 04/01/2019 om 11:17 schreef Joan Moreau via dovecot:

Why not, but please guide me about the core structure (mandatory funcitons, etc..) of a typical Dovecot FTS plugin

The Dovecot API documentation is not exhaustive everywhere, but the basics are documented. The remaining questions can be answered by looking at examples found in similar plugins or the relevant API sources.

I know of one FTS plugin not written by Dovecot developers:

https://github.com/atkinsj/fts-elasticsearch

If you really wish to do something like this, just go ahead. It will not be a small effort though. As soon as you have concrete questions, we can help you (don't expect rapid responses though).

Regards,

Stephan.