Not really.  The suggestions in the post seemed to be:

1. Tar the whole directory, which I have tried in the past, but a 130G
directory takes over 18 hours to tar.
2. It was also suggested to rsync the directory, but the question was brought
up, and not answered, about whether it was advisable to copy live mail, thus
the need for doveadm sync/backup.

Based on what I’ve read about doveadm backup, this is what I need, I am just
having a hard time formulating the syntax for the command.

Jeff