On 05/11/2019 10:03, Sami Ketola via dovecot wrote:

On 5 Nov 2019, at 9.53, Reio Remma via dovecot <dovecot@dovecot.org <mailto:dovecot@dovecot.org>> wrote:

Hello!

For the second time I've tripped onto this banana peel. :)

I had 2 sieve files in a directory that I wanted to compile:

sievec *.sieve

The result of this is that first.sieve is compiled into second.sieve instead of first.svbin, thus destroying the source of second.sieve.

Please consider this a bug report. :)

Not a bug. Works as documented:

# sievec
Usage: sievec  [-c <config-file>] [-d] [-D] [-P <plugin>] [-x <extensions>]
              <script-file> [<out-file>]
sievec(root): Fatal: Missing <script-file> argument

if you want to compile all sieve scripts in a single directory just give that directory as parameter and don't let your shell to expand the wildcard.

Sami

Very well, although unfortunate and counterintuitive. :)

Reio