On 11/13/2019 11:59 PM, Thomas Güttler via dovecot wrote:

Am 13.11.19 um 17:21 schrieb Ralph Seichter via dovecot:
* Thomas Güttler via dovecot:

AFAIK you can't sent a link/URL to a mail on a shared folder to a friend.
Like "Hi  bob, she loves me. See this message from here https:/...../"

Regards,
   Thomas Güttler

Actually - why not? It doesn't seem that difficult (at an abstract level) to implement such with available tools. PHP has built-in support for IMAP - so creating an interface that maps HTTP URI's to IMAP commands doesn't look too bad.

I might even suggest leveraging existing platforms like Nextcloud - instead of creating a whole new authentication, authorization, processing, and presentation framework you'd "simply" write a Nextcloud add-on that publishes IMAP folders/messages in whatever manner you prefer. Nextcloud already provides for file-sharing - so I see this as a good fit.

Daniel