On 23 Nov 2019, at 13:50, Robert <dove...@groenemuis.nl> wrote:
> I do know that sub-addressing with a special character is nowadays a normal,
> better, way to do it.
> Unfortunately we have used this system for a very long time, starting around
> 2005... So there are a lot of existing email addresses.

Then set them up in virtual (or if not using postfix, whatever equivalent) and
stop allowing new ones.

This is FAR simpler and workable than what you are trying to do, and has the
added benefit of working very simply and having nearly no impact on your server.

--
NON-FLAMMABLE IS NOT A CHALLENGE Bart chalkboard Ep. BABF13