On 24/12/2019 12:26 Philip Colmer <philip.col...@linaro.org> wrote:

On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 at 09:28, Philip Colmer < philip.col...@linaro.org> wrote:

I'm working on switching over to getting Postfix to deliver via lmtp but the above seems to me to be a good manual workflow to emulate what should be happening and it concerns me that Dovecot still says there are no unseen messages ...

Philip

I've completed the work to update Postfix and Dovecot to use LMTP and the test message is now being delivered with UNSEEN=1, so thank you for the suggestions and comments provided.

Regards

Philip

This is because you are not using dovecot-lda / lmtp for delivery. Either use those, or set mailbox_list_index=no.

Status uses list index, when available, to optimize status lookups.
---
Aki Tuomi