On 10/19/20 1:18 AM, John Fawcett wrote:
notable/odd that subject searches are OK, but not body.

The explanation for the different behaviour between headers and bodies
is the following setting:

fts_enforced = body

I believe your header searches are not being sent to solr. See the
following for different values.

ah.  I'd (mis)understood that the "FTS index updated" for '= body' searched,
but didn't update -- and changed failure mode.

https://doc.dovecot.org/settings/plugin/fts-plugin/#fts-plugin

RE-reading helps!

If you want to use solr for all searches then fts_enforced should be set
to yes.

set now to ' = yes'

thx

I would recommend you to redo the tests after correcting the
configuration. To be doubly sure you can include accented and unique non
accented text in the same email and search for both. If the non accented
text is found you know you've searching against the updated index and
the fact that accented text is not found is not simply because the index
updates are not visible.

good point.  will do, as soon as i find/fix my latest libicu issue ...