Peter,

On 2020-12-20 19:33, Peter wrote:
Am 19.12.20 um 15:53 schrieb David Morsberger:
Phil,

I looked around and this is deep in the Roundcube service side code. It is detecting a new message in a folder since the last time you viewed the contents of the folder.

I see has the folder list items are changed through css and how the server side code is receiving the request to check for recent. It get complicated after that. I cannot determine if it is keep state in roundcube or making a call to the IMAP provider. I am leaning to roundcube state.

The server would be hard pressed: Several users may idle in the same
mailbox. If a message is new, then for whom exactly?

Thunderbird has a css selector to match "newMessages" too: It can be
used from userChrome.css to highlight folders, where there are
messages, that have not been there, when the folder was last opened.

It is not even "last opened" - the blue highlighting disappears with time (not sure how long) - even if the folder is not touched - and it certainly disappears if RCM is closed and opened again . .

It wont ever match the folder that is currently opened.

Not sure what you mean by that?

This propertry
is pure client side state by definition.

I guess that is what it seems to look like to me as well - but what does that mean for what I am trying to do? - ie reset the blue folder highlight arbitrarily?

Thanks,

Phil.