On Jan 19, 2021, at 10:40 PM, Aki Tuomi <aki.tu...@open-xchange.com> wrote:

>> On 19/01/2021 19:45 Ron Garret <r...@flownet.com> wrote:
>>

>> I’m trying to get a sieve script to move messages into a folder, and to
>> create that folder if it doesn’t already exist.  I’m following the example
>> code at:
>>
>> https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/sieve/examples/
>>
>> and doing this:
>>
>>> require ["fileinto", "mailbox”];
>>> …
>>> fileinto :create “myfolder”;
>>> …
>>
>> That results in this error in the log file:
>>
>> error: unknown tagged argument ':create' for the fileinto command
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> rg
>
> Which version of dovecot/pigeonhole is this?

I’m not sure.  How would I find out?  I just installed it on Debian using apt.

> I tested this with 2.3.13 and it worked just fine. Are those quotes mangled
> by your mailer or do you really have some fancy quotes in your sieve script?

Not sure what you mean by “fancy quotes”.  The quotes I have (and the ones I
see in your quoted message) are regular ascii double quotes, code point 0x22.

But I think it is actually working now.  I didn’t change anything, it just
seems to have spontaneously started working.  Maybe sieve was working off an
earlier version of the script that it had cached?

rg