On Tue, 13 Jul 2021, Stephane Magnier wrote:

On my folders' architecture, I can see all the folders underneeth each other

fodler1
folder2
etc....

I would like to have the possibility to have _folders INTO folders_, like

Folder1
Folder2
.......folder 21
......folder 22
Folders 3

Apparently, this is link to this d?claration :__*_mbox_:/var/spool2/mail/%u. *Is that correct ? is that the "mbox" declaration? or Am I complety wrong ?

Not directly.  The LAYOUT=fs parameter is probably what you need to change.

        https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/namespace/
        Section: Hierarchy separators

If I have need to change...I have to change it for what ?

What are your current settings?

* Can I use this new structure with NFS shares ?

Yes.

* What is the backside of it ?

mbox format has lots of performance drawbacks.  You can also have nested
folders in Maildir, so if you have a choice, use that format.

Now, if I make this modification.. on an existing dovecot system... , Will it make a true disaster ? or I can change the declaration easily?

If you currently use maildir and change to mbox, that will go badly.  Aagin,
there's not much that can be without knowing your current settings.

Have you tried creating nested folder structure with your mail clients?

Joseph Tam <jtam.h...@gmail.com>