Hi Benny,

Well, it's that, the chicken and the egg history!
Not everything's possible, but end users think we do magic.

Thanks for the help,

On 2022-02-11 16:36, Benny Pedersen wrote:

On 2022-02-11 12:33, Jorge Bastos wrote:

Howdy,

I have a particular situation where I have about 5 users using a large
account in IMAP, and I have the need to backup the account daily or
weekly or so.
I was thinking about to copy the whole directory, each email is a
file, it could probably work, but the dovecot index files would be
damaged/wrong.

Is there a tool that could perform a backup (ex: yesterday), and when
I inserted that backup, it just insert the emails and folders that
were deleted today?

linux: imapsync
windows: google aid4mail
dovecot: ask help with better wiki for dovecot on replications, but even if this works its not backup, delete one msg deletes backup, hmm, chicken and egg here