On 22/4/22 7:50 am, Jeremy Ardley wrote:
On 22/4/22 7:44 am, al...@coakmail.com wrote:
On 22/4/22 7:25 am,al...@coakmail.com  wrote:

Thanks. I will give a try.
after enabling SSL, can I disable port 143 entirely?

Probably a bad idea. Many clients use STARTTTLS on port 143 rather than TLS on port 993

I forgot to mention that in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf you don't need to specify imaps. Dovecot automatically listens on port 993 and 143 when ssl is specified and applies the ssl directive as indicated.

#global

# SSL/TLS support: yes, no, required. <doc/wiki/SSL.txt>

ssl = required
ssl_min_protocol = TLSv1.2
ssl_cipher_list = EECDH+AESGCM:EDH+AESGCM
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers = yes
ssl_cert = </etc/letsencrypt/live/mail.example.com/fullchain.pem
ssl_key = </etc/letsencrypt/live/mail.example.com/privkey.pe

protocols = imap lmtp sieve

#specific domain override

local mail.example.com {
  protocol imap {

     ssl_cert = </etc/letsencrypt/live/special.example.com/fullchain.pem
     ssl_key = </etc/letsencrypt/live/special.example.com/privkey.pem
  }
}

It is possible to generate a wildcard letsencrypt certificate *.example.com but the process is tricky and has unexpected side-effects such as typo.example.com resolves to example.com in DNS

--
Jeremy