On Thu, 12 May 2022, Aki Tuomi wrote:

If we read the documentation, we learn that the
mail_user_session_finished is an event.

Yes, that much I had understood.

To export events, we use
https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/event_export/

so.

event_exporter log {
 format = json
 format_args = time-rfc3339
 transport = log
}

metric mail_user_session {
 filter = event=mail_user_session_finished
 exporter = log
}

Ah-ha ... I figured I must have been missing somethiing.  Thank you.

p.s. you can use `doveconf -n` to get single output of your spread
configuration.

Well, I do apologize for not having thought to look for such an option.
I'm just so used to examining the files themselves.  I think you've
given me exactly what I was missing, and I appreciate that.

Sylvain Robitaille                               s...@encs.concordia.ca

Systems analyst / AITS                            Concordia University
Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science   Montreal, Quebec, Canada