As far as I know, the copy to "Sent" folder is done by using IMAP, not SMTP. This is for client non-local storage.

Narcis Garcia

I'm using this dedicated address because personal addresses aren't masked enough at this mail public archive. Public archive administrator should fix this against automated addresses collectors.
El 9/8/22 a les 18:56, Asai ha escrit:
Greetings,

We've had a longstanding problem with emails not being copied to the Sent folder that seems to be a bug with various email clients (Thunderbird, TypeApp.)

I know that Dovecot has the option to use the Submission service to copy emails to Sent without using SMTP to do this.

Would this solve the problem we've seen over the years of emails not being copied to the Sent folder on various clients under certain (unknown) conditions?

Thanks for your insight here.

Asai