ok thanks for your input

I finally tracked down the issue

It was how i was loading the certificates in the first place

that being said (and i must have missed this) 2.3.18 seems to allow importing a cert from a program

thus sni config

local_name mail.paulkudla.net {
  ssl_key =/programs/common/getssl.cert -k mail.paulkudla.net -q yes
  ssl_cert =/programs/common/getssl.cert -r mail.paulkudla.net -q yes
  ssl_ca =/programs/common/getssl.cert -i mail.paulkudla.net -q yes
}

would work instead of file pipes from individual text files.

#local_name mail.paulkudla.net {
#  ssl_key =</usr/local/etc/dovecot/pk.key
#  ssl_cert =</usr/local/etc/dovecot/pk.crt
#  ssl_ca =</usr/local/etc/dovecot/pk.ca
#}

2.3.19 apparently no longer supports this?

aki is there a way to pipe the cert from a program file (as indicated above)

I am sure you can appreciate generating files for 1000+ ssl certs can become a nightmare management wise

either that or a pgsql select ?

I have gone back to text files in the mean time ?

Happy Wednesday !!!
Thanks - paul

Paul Kudla

Scom.ca Internet Services <http://www.scom.ca>